Eurozone Flash PMIs Weaker Than ExpectedOctober 24, 2012 @ 7:45 AM EST
Europe Update: Flash PMI Indices
The readings for October’s Flash Purchasing Managers Indexes (PMI) for Europe were updated today and the numbers were weaker than expected.
Below are the details:
October Preliminary Manufacturing PMI’s:
- Eurozone Manufacturing PMI: 45.3 vs. consensus 46.4 and last month 46.1
- Germany Manufacturing PMI: 45.7 vs. consensus 47.6 and Last month 47.4
- France Manufacturing PMI: 43.5 vs. consensus 44.0 and Last month 42.7
October Preliminary Service Sector PMI’s:
- Eurozone Services PMI: 46.2 vs. consensus 46.4 and Last month 46.1
- Germany Services PMI: 49.3 vs. consensus 49.9 and Last month 49.7
- France Services PMI: 46.2 vs. consensus 46.1 and Last month 45.0
Recall that readings over 50 represent growth in the sector while readings under 50 suggest the manufacturing sector is contracting.
Other stories on Europe to review:
German IFO Index Weakens Again in October>
Moody's Downgrades 5 Spanish Regions
Spain Hinting at Requesting Bailout
German ZEW Index Shows Outlook Improving
Industrial Production Up in August
Spain's Credit Rating Cut at S&P
Yields Continue to Fall in Spain
European Manufacturing PMI's Uptick in September
Stress Tests on Spanish Banks Show...
German Industrial Production Improves in July
ECB to Launch Unlimited Bond Buying Program
- Moody's Cuts EU Outlook
iShares EMU - Last 12 Months
iShares France - Last 12 Months
iShares Germany - Last 12 Months
Remember, you are in control your email alerts! You can receive alerts for more than 25 free research report alerts including: The “10.0” Report, The Insiders Report, ETF Leaders Report, and The Focus List.