Preliminary PMIs in Europe Below 50 For 7th MonthAugust 23, 2012 @ 7:59 AM EST
Europe Update: Manufacturing PMI Indices
The preliminary readings for December’s Purchasing Managers Indexes (PMI) for Europe were updated today. Here are the highlights:
- Eurozone Manufacturing PMI: 45.3 vs. consensus 44.0 (prior: 44.0)
- Germany Manufacturing PMI: 45.1 vs. consensus 43.2 (prior: 43.0)
- France Manufacturing PMI: 46.2 vs. consensus 43.9 (prior: 43.4)
Service Sector PMI’s:
- Eurozone Services PMI: 47.5 vs. consensus 47.7 (prior: 47.9 )
- Germany Services PMI: 48.3 vs. consensus 50.2 (prior: 50.3)
- France Services PMI: 50.2 vs. consensus 50.2 (prior: 50.0)
Recall that readings over 50 represent growth in the sector while readings under 50 suggest the manufacturing sector is contracting.
iShares EMU - Last 12 Months
iShares France - Last 12 Months
iShares Germany - Last 12 Months
Remember, you are in control your email alerts! You can receive alerts for more than 25 free research report alerts including: The “10.0” Report, The Insiders Report, ETF Leaders Report, and The Focus List.